Elder Trace A. Rodgerson

Elder Trace A. Rodgerson
Draper Temple August 2, 2010

Monday, January 24, 2011

NEWS FROM BOLTON

What's good Rodgersons?

I had no idea Matisyahu played lacrosse. This is news to me. Ha I
could totally see it too! You should send me the article in a letter
or something. I am still mourning the loss of the Pats but hey, maybe
in two seasons so I can watch you know? I got your golden eagle
pictures and they were pretty dope I must say! I'm way jealous of
course. If you want some more things to send....Pictures of our
mexican Scuba diving. I was telling Elder Holman about it and he wants
to see the pictures way bad! That's something I always took for
granted is the opportunities I have had to travel. Thanks for making
that possible. I could also use some old spice and some more spiker!
but don't worry about sending me anything. I'll be alright. I'll send
some pictures as well! one of them is of the bolton town centre at
night and it totally looks like the clock tower in Peter Pan. Make
sure you show katelin, she would love it. And I will send the pictures
of us at the baptism again because it sounds like you didn't get them!
It has been a great week! Lots and lots of teaching trying to stay on
top of our teaching pool! Teaching the Patakis this week went really
well! They have been a little ill so it's been hard to see them but we
will see them tonight after we are done P-daying. We have six
hungarians dated for baptism in february and the other Elders in
Bolton had a baptism of two other hungarians this saturday and all of
our dated investigators were able to attend. Which was really great.
That was really bad grammar.
I got to go on an exchange with Elder Readhead this week. He is from
Poole, England and I went and stayed at there flat for a night. Their
beds are awful! Oh my goodness I barely slept! And I go on another
exchange for 2 nights at the end of this week! Good Golly I don't
think I'll sleep!
I forgot to tell you something crazy that happened this week. Elder
Holman started speaking to this drunk woman with this big thing of
beer in her hand and she told him to f off and then threw the entire
thing all over the back of him. Oh man it was pretty awful. We had to
spend like two hours cleaning everything and trying to find a dry
cleaner. Crazy stuff!
Couple miracles happened last night. We were able to teach a woman
named Holly with our nigerian bishopric member, sunday. "as in friday,
saturday, sunday" He says. She told us that she was interested because
she had met quite a few mormons in her time and every single one of
them seemed so well rounded and incredibly kind! Someone is always
watching us! don't forget it. I feel that sometimes we underestimate
the power of being a good example! I have seen the effects of having
good examples in my life and I'm very grateful for them!
We were out tracting last night at about eight oclock and could not
find anybody home, which was odd, regardless, we kept going. We
knocked on a door and immediately they invited us in and we were able
to teach three new investigators. They were all quite young and didn't
know much about religious matters but had an incredible desire to
learn. "get in and win"-Brenan Volpe. Tell Brenan I got a three for
one and It reminded me of that one time we did the same in Roca,
Nebraska. Have him tell you about it! Ha good times! Make sure he got
my letter as well!
I hope trek is going alright for you. I can imagine that it might be a
little overwhelming at times but let me know if there is anything I
can do for you. You know like tips and tricks or something or if you
need my approval to put zatch in wids family! Ha Whats up with Bro
inkley never writing me back?!You should tell Katelin I sent her a package
today and see if that
makes her day!
Make sure you write a letter to me and send some pictures of the
shootout! I love getting pictures from people! I live for it! Tell
connor dehlin to look out for the welty's down there in san diego! Ha
sorry my emails are so freaking demanding! HA anyways. Love you all
very much! Transfers is on the second so that will be the next time I
email but I have a sneaking suspicion that I am staying here!

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment