Elder Trace A. Rodgerson

Elder Trace A. Rodgerson
Draper Temple August 2, 2010

Sunday, January 16, 2011

NEWS FROM BOLTON


Hello Family,

Two words homies, Pats is going all.....the......way! I heard the
eagles already got knocked out of the playoffs. Well I can't say i
didn't expect that. JK yall, what's up? Bolton is going real great
except it's freezing outside. We had a couple days of snowfall this
past week but luckily I got my flat cap to keep my head dry. Hope you
got my pictures alright. I love sending pictures, do you love getting
them? cause if you don't, I can stop. Anyway, It was an eventful week
with lots of getting to know the area. This week was Zone Conference
and now that I am in the Ashton Zone I get to travel to Chorley for
zone conference. I love the temple here and it was good to see it
again. We took the train out there and when we were waiting for our
train to arrive, who comes strolling up to us? Elder Youles. Got to
ride the train with him and his temporary comp out to the chapel and
we had a good chat. He also sold a watch to Elder Holman on the
way....HA! "Special EMM price" He says. So funny. Zone Conference was
alright, I didn't get the post I wanted to but it was uplifting I
suppose. We made our own title of liberty, Little arts and crafts for
ya.
Elder Holman hit his year mark this week and we celebrated with some
Kebabs for dinner. It was so good but it destroyed me for the rest of
the evening. I felt so sick and I think it will be a while before I
eat another one of those.
This week sounds really lame but we did have some good come of our
efforts. Last week Elder Holman promised angela if she would stop
drinking coffee she would come to know without a doubt that the chruch
is true. In preach my gospel we are taught to extend a specific
invitation (will you live the word of wisdom) and then to promise
blessings. We have been taught to be specific and to have the faith to
see them fulfilled. Well six days after this promise Angela said she
was praying one night very sincerely for her answer and the next
morning she woke up and she said it felt like she had known her entire
life. There is power in prayer and study but also living the
commandments.
To answer your question about Camp Alma and MTA. First off, don't have
camp alma, Ha just kidding. My advice is to teach strictly out of
Preach My Gospel. Chapter 3 has all of the Lessons and at the end of
each lesson is a 5-10 minute lesson plan that outlines the doctrine in
the lessons. Have the young men memorize each point and this is a good
place to start to know the lessons. Focus on The Restoration as it is
our unique message to the world. Have them roleplay with a companion
teaching equal portions. As well with teaching, study chapter 10. If
you can master chapter 10 then teach it to the young men they will be
set. If you couple the knowledge of the lessons with the teaching
skills taught in chapter 10 they will be unstoppable. There is so many
great things that you can learn from preach my gospel. The lessons and
teaching skills will be what they go over in the MTC most likely.
Also, make sure they know the commitments with each lesson, those are
important! Also tell whit I will
try to write her back today!
I hope all is well in the land of Draper!
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment