Elder Trace A. Rodgerson

Elder Trace A. Rodgerson
Draper Temple August 2, 2010

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hey Family,

I apologize that you didn't receive an email from me yesterday as it
was a bank holiday and the library was closed. They've had three bank
holidays in the past two weeks. The british really love their days
off. We spent P-day cutting my hair and shopping. I pulled out my
clippers only to find a lovely photocopy of josh's face staring at me.
It was too funny. Also, the transformer from Mr. Mac was all out of
whack so the clippers barely worked and they were pulling at my hair
the entire time. It took like an hour and a half to cut my hair and we
didn't get out of the flat until noon. We went shopping for a coat for
Elder Holman and he found a nice one then we went to ASDA and got our
groceries. I really like Bolton so far and Elder Holman is pretty
dope. He is pretty laid back about things and we get a serious kick
out of each other. He keeps telling me i'm like a breath of fresh air.
He used to be companions with Elder Green so we talk about him a lot.
The Bolton ward is pretty tiny but they LOVE their missionaries. We
have had like seven tea appointments in the last week and they are
always bringing us food and things. We spent New Years eve with the
other Bolton elders, Elder Readhead and Sumner, at Sister Unsworth's.
She fed us, and yeah you guessed it, turkey and mashed potatoes. She
had all of these treats ready for us and fizzy drinks and we played a
scripture game where you had to figure out who the person was. Pretty
good stuff. We then watched The Muppets Christmas Carol. We got to
stay out til Ten oclock. Holy smokes! Then we got home and Elder
Holman and I stayed up until midnight. When the clock struck twelve,
the entire city of Bolton erupted. It was ridiculous. There were so
many fireworks going off. They also make these mini hot air balloons
out of grocery bags and flares and they call them chinese lanters and
they just float up into the sky. The sky was littered with literally
hundreds of them in every direction. We sat out on our balcony and
watched the whole thing. It was so cool.
We then spent New Years day shopping for a moment and Elder Holman and
I got matching flat caps. They are approved for proselyting so I
figured I would wear one! We look pretty hip...and sometimes goofy but
I included a picture! Then we went to the Borgans where we watched
prince caspian and played mario kart on the wii. We played a huge
tournament of races and on the last race I took second place and Elder
Holman took fifth and I ended up losing the whole tournament by one
point. I was a little cheesed off. Then we went over to the Peters for
tea and we got to watch Toy Story. We were there with the other Bolton
Elders as well. We then ended the night by playing a history game
called chronology, and no, I didn't even win once. I was close but
Brother Peters is a braniac. That was the end of the Holiday Season
and now it's back to missionary work!
Our most progressing investigator is Angela. She is dated for the 15th
and she is English. Which is odd! We teach a boat load of hungarians!
There are so many of them. Walking home recently we were walking past
this brick wall with a ladder up to it and there was this man on top
taking a sledge hammer to it. So we asked if we could take a swing at
it! He let us and we had a good time doing some demolition work. Got
speaking to him up on the wall and he was hungarian as well! Set up an
appointment with him and hopefully we will teach him this week. There
are a lot of muslims in Bolton and we have one who is investigating
and of course, he can't be baptised either! We have plenty of people
to teach and we are always busy. I can't write much more but I will
talk to you in a week or so. Zone conference is on thursday.
So happy about Riley. That's such
great news, send him my regards! Where is mitchell tate? Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment