Elder Trace A. Rodgerson

Elder Trace A. Rodgerson
Draper Temple August 2, 2010

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Mere
No. 9 Bradstone Court
Off Brocksby Chase
Bolton, England
BL1 2JD

That's my new address. If you haven't guessed yet. I got transferred
to Bolton. My new companion is Elder Holman from Pleasant Grove.
Bolton is huge! It is the biggest town in the UK. It's not a
city because it doesn't have a cathedral. Just a little fun fact for
you. Bolton and Swinton actually border each other so I am about a
fifteen minute bus ride from my old area. Bolton is a bus area as
well, so yup, more bus contacting. I spent my last night in Swinton at
Coordination meeting with the ward mission leader and then afterwards
Brymo and the three of us hung out at the church and watched
"Spiritual Crocodiles" on the Book of Mormon seminary DVD. It is such
a great clip. It was a terribly sad good bye afterwards though.
Brother Griffin gave us a ride to the stake centre at about half 12
and from there we took a bus back to piccadilly and then took a train
to Bolton, then a bus to the flat. I had all of my luggage with me so
it wasn't exactly a good time. However, we made it to the library to
send a few emails and then we will try to make it to the store to shop
before P-day is over.
Christmas was great and we spent christmas eve at the griffins playing
fifa '11 with there grandson Ryan. It was pretty fun. Brother Griffin
sat there and watched the whole time and he was cheering me on the
whole time. It was quite funny. "MAN-U REDS!" He would yell everytime
I scored. He's a crazy one he is. We then spent Christmas at the
church in the morning for a carol service. We came back to the flat
for a couple hours where I took a nap and then back to the griffins
for christmas dinner and then over to the ashtons to call you! the
phone call was great and it went by so fast! I didn't hang up on you
by the way! The phone lost its connection or something and hung up at
sixty minutes and fourteen seconds. I suppose it wanted me to be
exactly obedient. I watched toy story 3 at the Ashtons as well while
my companions were calling home! Make sure you tell Katelin, she'd be
thrilled. The Cooks sent me an awesome christmas present as well! If
you speak to them for some crazy reason, tell them thank you. I sent
them a thank you card today as well. Say thanks to Jeff and Kerrie for
the sweets and letters as well. I am drowning in chocolate. The
presents you sent were so awesome as well. I am currently sporting my
base layer as we speak. The problem is it doesn't have a pee hole. So
that's kind of frustrating. Make sure Grandma and Grandpa know how
grateful I am for there presents as well. I finished all of my pop
tarts this morning!
That is all I have to write about for this week! I will tell you more
about the area and the ward on monday! I love you all and have a happy
new year.

Love,

Trace

PS What is up with Zatch's hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment