Elder Trace A. Rodgerson

Elder Trace A. Rodgerson
Draper Temple August 2, 2010

Thursday, January 19, 2012

An Update..Finally...this is worth the wait!

Trace's New Address:

2 St. Luke Street
Barrow-in-Furness
Cumbria
England
LA13 9RR

Hey Family!
It was good to hear from you all again! It seems like its only been a week since i heard from you. That's cause it has! We had a really good week though! I would like to start off today by telling you about our sunday. I was sitting in sacrament meeting listening to the final speaker when a woman taps me on the back and says "hey, there's a man outside in jeans i think he's an investigator." Apparently that's like the token clothing of an investigator, jeans. We went out and met the man and his name is mike. Mike comes from Long Island and lives in London and is a reporter for newsweek. Apparently he was in the area in Dalton doing a story on Mitt Romneys family. In Dalton, which is just a few miles up the road, back in the 19th century, the romneys met two missionaries, were baptised and emmigrated to America. Romney is a pretty popular name around here with lots of schools and things being named after his family. Mike interviewed us for a few minutes and spoke quite a bit about missionary work in this area. He wanted to know what mission life was like because Mitt Romney had served in France. He then interviewed the Bishop and upon leaving he asked us if he could come knocking on doors with us. So that evening we met up with mike and took him tracting. That's right, we went tracting with a reporter from newsweek doing a story on a presidential candidate. We spent about an hour together in the cold having lots of good conversations. We spent most of the time with him asking us questions about the response we get and the things that we do. I felt like Lorenzo Snow in Mountain of the Lord. It was so typical, this super american man in his late 20's from new york following us around writing short hand in his note pad. He was a way cool guy and loved talking about religion. We then walked him back to the nearest pub where he rang for a taxi. He took our email addresses and said he would email us the article when it was done. I'll be sure to forward it on to you. We said goodbye and walked away and realized after a few steps that I forgot to give him a book of mormon. He was very grateful, "i'm a die hard atheist but i love reading about religion." he said. We parted ways again and then he called after us,"hey trace, what's your favourite part?!" we gave him a chapter to read and said goodbye. He has a four hour train ride back to london today so hopefully he will have a good read, i know that he will. Ha very funny!
Other than that! we have found two new families to teach. Both of them are actually former investigators.
Barrow has gotten really cold. I was complaining about how cloudy and rainy it was and next thing I know the clouds went away and the sun came out and it's absolutely freezing! Gotta miss that cloud cover. The nights are frosty! Luckily, I don't know if you caught onto this but we did get the heating fixed in our flat so we are living in a hot paradise at the moment! so don't worry too much about me!
I got some really good letters this week! I got one from katelin and one from Emily on the same day. Emily ward that is, it took me a second to figure out who the heck emily ward was. They were such uplifting letters. I feel that the words they wrote to me and everything that has happened recently is really motivating me. I don't know what has happened to me but I feel like someone has lit a fire under me. It's the funniest thing, I have been praying and praying for strength and help and one day i wake up and i have this fresh view about everything. I feel an even stronger desire to be the best servant I can and it's not even difficult I feel as though I have found these rough spots that I didn't know were there and have just done away with them. What an incredible thing it has been. I feel so invigorated and urgent. I feel as though the conduit with heaven has been opened wider and is without restraint as it has been before with me. Ha sign me up for school! I'm ready, I decided i'm going to teach. What do you think? You like that idea? I'm ready to just get some things done!
Good emails you sent! Please send me whits address so i can send a letter to her! Tell josh to keep rocking on the piano I am seriously way jealous. I set a goal last year for when I got home that i would learn to play so get good enough so you can teach me! I also found out that I am a bit more Rodgerson than i thought. I hadn't shaved for a few days and I was in the bathroom looking in the mirror and the sun was shining on my face and I looked and there was a few red hairs glistening in the sun. I thought my eyes had deceived me but I plucked it out and sure enough, I got red hair in my beard! I think it must be cause i'm too close to scotland! Ha gotta go love you all!
Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment