Elder Trace A. Rodgerson

Elder Trace A. Rodgerson
Draper Temple August 2, 2010

Friday, September 2, 2011

TRACE IS IN BIRKENHEAD

Hey Fam Damily,
Well i was kind of mildly sort of upset but they sent me out of crewe. Ha they whitewashed me into birkenhead. Just across the river from liverpool. I am now serving with Elder Lamb from Essex. Elder Lamb is Elder Francis' best friend from home so if i come home feeling a little "essex" you'll know why. Ha we had 19 new missionaries come into the mission this time around and so they opened up four new areas and we got one of them. The trouble is that we don't have a clue what the heck is going on because...well, we've never been here before. There were two missionaries already serving here and so now they have 4 missionaries in the ward. Ha and elder means is in the other companionship. They live kind of far away but they have been a little bit of a crutch for us the past 12 hours or so. The upside is we live on the top floor in a brand new flat and the thing is NICE. Like it is way too posh for missionary flat, holy cow you wouldn't believe it! Get this right, Out my study desk window you can see the Mersey river and all of liverpool and out elder lambs window you can see all of birkenhead and the sea. How dope is that? I will try and send some pictures of the view! Wow! it is so amazing and I have my own queen sized bed ha and our shower has blue lights above it. Freakin nuts. I kind of want to live in this place for the rest of my life. I'm way lucky. Here's the address,
Elder Rodgerson
Flat 10 Queens Court
Shrewsbury Rd. (65-67)
Oxton, England
Wirral
CH43 6TE

It is a new flat but the problem is it's a little barren. We do have to buy a bunch of stuff for it like an iron and what not and it's the end of the month so I don't have any mission funds left. I will have to buy a bunch of stuff with personal funds and then have the mission reimburse me so any financial assistance would be much appreciated, and maybe much necessary as well. Thanks. Love you. Did you ever get that gift card back by chance?
We seriously don't have anything at all. We have like a box of book of mormons and a grill. We don't even have an area book for goodness sake! Well we are starting from scratch. We don't have a ward list, no investigators, no less actives, no recent converts, heck we don't even have a potential investigator yet. Ha we'll get to work though. I'm excited to start with a clean slate. Pray for us would ya? We got to Manchester yesterday and they gave us a phone and keys to the flat and an address so we took a coach to liverpool and then chester and then met up with Elder Means and his new comp and we took a train to birkenhead, hopped on a bus and then walked around for an hour til we found our flat. Ha we had all of our luggage the whole time. We finally got in around seven thirty and then we went out and asked people until we found a corner shop and we were able to buy the essentials like toilet roll and some cereal and a meal for that evening. I bought a pizza stuck it in the oven and ended up burning it so i've only eaten cereal for like the last 24 hours. Crazy. We will get our shopping done today no worrries. We finally got a hold of bishop and he's having us over for food on friday so hopefully we will be able to get into the swing of things soon. The area is awesome, really big city. It's really funny because neither of us know where the heck we are going. It should be interesting. I was sad to leave crewe but it will be alright without me! I will be heading back there on saturday for a baptism hopefully!
To answer some of your questions! I met sister lovell i think once. I don't wanna be like "Oh do you know the wrights?" and she'll be like "yeah I do!" and i'd be like "oh cool! I don't." Ha yeah we watch the district like all the time I know elder murray pretty well. they use it to train us all the time. We are getting hooked up with DVD players for our flats so we can watch it all the time now. I really liked your moronis promise story I have something interesting I want to share about moroni 10 that I learned recently I would today but I got no time! Remind me. Tell conrad I never wrote my name on the bunk I don't think but I'm pretty sure eLDER YOULES wrote his name on every bunk in the MTC so look out for that. Well family. That's all i got time for today! love you all. Keep it real.

Trace
PS did my letter make it to draper city

No comments:

Post a Comment